+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vaca woes

Default vaca woes

our 15th wedding anniversary is next week. Last winter when i came home from the fly show with info on a lodge in Montana, my wonderful wife agreed to my wishes of flyfishing on our aniv. i do have to mention that i fished almost every day of our honey moon. and our tenth anniversary nancy sat on a rock reading a book for four days while i fished the ct. river in Pittsburg NH.
    after searching and searching, we stayed with the original plan to stay at the lodge i found at the fly show. I could not make any reservations untill I heard back from a job interview. which took untill mid june. when i did call to set our dates the cabin we wanted for the first week of sept. was allready booked. the lodge did offer us a bigger cabin for the same price, but it was the last week of aug. not when we wanted to go. we love going in sept. when all the kids are back in school and such.
    Nancy really liked the look of "THE LAKE HOUSE" with the farmers porch, and a lake on both sides of the "lake house" Now comes the problem..... I just recieved a letter from the lodge stating that they drained the lakes! saying they waited for the end of the season to do so.
    You think they would have said something when i made my reservations and stated that my wife really wanted to stay at THE LAKE HOUSE and we waited untill the last week of the month , so we could stay in the LAKE HOUSE!
    Now, do I try to find another place to stay, this late in the game. or do i stay at the lake house and look out at a couple of mud holes?????????
    The flights booked, landing in Bozeman on the 23rd of Sept. the dogs booked for the kennel. were waiting to go.

sorry for the rant but , i did not need this right know......

I think I'm calling THE LODGE right now and see if i can wake someone up..........

Bozeman Chamber of Commerce,,,,,,,,NOW! Raise hell1

Blog Entries

It isn't the end of the season if they are still booking lodging in the cabins! What were they thinking? I hope you can work something out.

Greg

I'm with Greg....if they're still booking, changes should be made known BEFORE the cabin is booked. Pretty tacky IMO! Good luck with your resolution.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I'm with JC. And Yes the posting of it here withthe name so we can be made aware of who it is and not have to deal with ther same thing

i thought i would give the lodge a chance to get back to me before i slammed them hard and give out that info. I did call early sat. morning and got a machine, followed that up with an email. its been two days now with no reply.

email to the C.O.C. will happen tonight with follow up calls to the lodge on monday

I will keep all posted. and yes, already searching for a second alternitive

Don

The burden lies with the accused. They should be trying to help you.

I received an email monday from Dome mountain Ranch.

they were glag that i received there letter stating that they drained the lake. seems the lake has become overrun with weeds making it impossible to fish. in addition the winter decomposition of these weeds dying each season killed the remaining fish.
    then they go on to say, that the upper lake still has some water in it and some potential for a few trout. allthough that lake has been tough fishing also. but would leave out a kick boat if i wanted to give it a try.

now I know, we are going to be in some beautiful country, just north of yellowstone, with plenty of places to fish.

but i sure wish i knew about this before hand.
    starting with the sales guy at the fly show telling me about this cabin on two lakes loaded with trout right out the door. to the one who took my resevation when i stated that we wanted the LAKE HOUSE not the mud hole hotel

+ Reply to Thread