+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that didn't take long . . .

Default Well that didn't take long . . .

While out here at the Denver Fly Fishing Retailer Show I got some up to the minute news. Last year Sharps of Aberdeen purchased Abel and Thomas & Thomas. Well Sharps of Aberdeen has just gone into receivership and the banks have taken over. Word has it that a golf company has now stepped in with the intent to purchase. Sure didn't take SOA long to run things into the ground. Lets hope Abel and T&T survive this and continue to offer a great product.

Thanks. Please try to keep us posted as we are not at the show this year.

A few of my friends are "out of town"....and at the Denver show.

How is it? Having fun? Seeing neat things? Do tell.....

Show starts tomorrow and runs through Saturday. I'm too busy in the booth to get to see the show myself which is a bummer.

Dear Dr. Fish,

Maybe I'm just a cynic at heart but I don't recall reading that Abel and T&T were the victims of a hostile takeover?

They both got the dough they wanted from Sharpes, or they at least thought they got the dough they wanted. Why blame Sharpes, they didn't sell out, they bought the sell outs.

Best Wishes,
    Tim Murphy

[quote="Avalon"]Dear Dr. Fish,

Maybe I'm just a cynic at heart but I don't recall reading that Abel and T&T were the victims of a hostile takeover?

They both got the dough they wanted from Sharpes, or they at least thought they got the dough they wanted. Why blame Sharpes, they didn't sell out, they bought the sell outs."

They sold to Sharpes of Aberdeen last year. I don't see where I said they were a "victim of a hostile takeover." My post was simply that the company that bought both of them is going under which is sad to see and that hopefully neither are negatively impacted by these developments.

Dear Dr. Fish,

I apologize for misreading the tone of your post.

I took it as a lament over what Sharpes had done to two fine companies and responded as such.

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

T&T has been a fine sponsor for six years. They are one of the many who pay the bills here at FAOL. I hope they can stay with us. They helped support us, perhaps now they need our help.

Hello Fly Fishing Community!
    T&T and Abel are alive and well as we have been through the years! I have been with T&T for twenty years, and look forward to another twenty. I know that there have been rumors circulating through the industry, and community...but rest assured, that they are indeed rumors and speculative at best. Both T&T and Abel have a strong presents at this years FTR in Denver...as we speak! Both companies (side by side) have just completed this coming years' catalogs, with new offerings, that will please all of you. So with that said, please, advise those that are not in the "loop" so as the rumor crawls back under the rock from which it came! Thank you for your genuine concerns.
    Best Regards From all of us at T&T,
    Oren Clark
    Thomas & Thomas
    Operations Mngr.

Oren, thank you for the information. I am sure we will continue our association well into the future. It has been our honor to represent you to the world fly fishing community.
    As you are now a member of the FAOL BB, please feel free to keep us informed, as do many other sponsors. Glad to hear that Abel is alright too.

+ Reply to Thread