Howdy Folks,

If you have seen this report on the TKF site or Texas Fly Fishers, my apologies. Earlier this month I went down to the extreme west end of Galveston Island. I was usig my 8 wt rig, a farily recent purchase, so I was anxious to give a work out. The water was green and clear, low surf conditions, a lot of birds working the shore line and a lot of bait fish in the water. I caught a nice Spanish Mackeral (aka a Smack) on a chartruese and white deciever. I then caught more Skipjacks (aka Ladyfish, aka Poor man's Tarpon) than I care to mention, it was fun at first, but then after the first 50 or so, I wanted to catch more smacks, trout or flounder. I then moved down the beach a few hunderd yards, parked my car and quickly got back in the water. By this time the surf had picked up, so I headed back in. As I was walking towards my car I said to myself, "self that looks like an aligator next to your car". It was about a 6 footer, dead as could be, but an aligator none the less. That's not something you see everyday.

[img][url=http://community.webshots.com/photo/2306452390047028168XbonBs:1b139][/url:1b139][/img]