well, the way things have been with the warmer temps - it's great to know the fish never give in.

Headed out for an interesting day with a buddy. The sum of it - great day. While he played with sauger, there were a couple quillbacks on the end of my line. I had a monster cr@p.... uh, er, I mean carp on the end of my line - and in error (used to) I guess ................. I palmed the reel in lieu of letting the drag do its job ......... boing ! - hook to the LH bird. But - the doubts about my rod holding up to a big fish are now relaxed (a bit). Later, my fishin partner was taken for a walk .................. almost got it ......

man - take a look at the arc in that rod ................... figgured a 40ish lb carp

After he departed - I played with a few sauger - nothing much else.

The following day I played some more and tagged loads of goldeye.

And also managed to be confused by this

(I was confused until I studied the pics)

A few good outings anyhow .......... but as all good things must come to an end - I'm afraid fishin's done for me for a spell ................ wife bust her ankle up Sunday - took surgery, a plate and screws to fix ............. so she's laid up for a while ............... then again ..............

darrell,