+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flyfishing University shows taking hiatus

Normand Guest

Default Flyfishing University shows taking hiatus

Sad but true. These are some of the betters shows that come to Danbury, CT each year. May be back next year.

http://www.flyfishingu.net/

Normand,

I happened to bump into Jim Krul in June or July. He told me that the FF University shows were on hiatus this Nov. and Jan. but they would be back next year(same months). I too hope that's the case. Excellent shows that simply (imho) could use more attendee support.

Allan

Great Water Expo, that brought Fly Fishing shows to Minnesota, annouced that they will also be hosting a "Great Water Expo" in Chicago in 2007. They have some big names lined up for both Expo's. The Expo's are hosted by Midwest Fly Fishing magazine (FAOL Sponsor).

Default FFU and Great Waters

Hi,

These posts go well together.

Jim Krul has offered his great heart in his shows, and the warmth there has been evident. David and I have always been struck by the comraderie of the exhibitors, and Jim has gone out of his way to include artisans who may never have been showcased otherwise. His work at the museum will be intense this year; we wish him all the best.

Tom Helgeson and the Midwest Fly Fishing people (Lew posts here at times) have shown that same great heart and generosity, creating a venue that not only brings fly fishing home but understands that the resource is precious, and offers voice to many waters conservation groups, as well as to women's fly fishing, and kids' programs.

We're lucky to have them.

Kat

What happened was that the November show hotel sold the date figuring Jim could just move the day to the following week which wouldn't work because that is the International FF Show in Somerset where most of the tyers at Jim's shows also tie. The January show contract at the Western Con. Gym ran out and before Jim could renew it they sold the date to the small school girls basket tournament.

+ Reply to Thread