+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All this Fish-In talk...

Hello Pemi-Man!

I'm sure you've seen by now that there WAS a Fish-In on the Deerfield a few years ago. I missed that one, unfortunately. I'm thinking we should have another one in the New England area. I'd go!

I'd consider coming as well.

The Deerfield, Maine, The Salt.... lots of good choices.

jed

In the "Beginning" there was only "Annual FAOL Fish-In" each year, then with a suggestion I made, there started the "Regional FAOL Fish-In's". The "Annual FAOL Fish-In" is chosen by the Publisher of FAOL. The Regional FAOL Fish-In's are created by those willing to do some leg work.

Pick a nice fishing spot, that is close to restaurants, motels, RV & Tent Camping (preferably at the same site or nearby). Run it by the Publisher of FAOL.

At all FAOL Fish-In's, there is no charge, everyone is welcome to join in, stay as long as you want. Fish a new area, meet new friends, put names to the handles on the bulletin board, kickback and relax around the campfire, tell tall tales.....

There is a traveling "Regional FAOL Banner" that is sent to the Regional FAOL Fish-In. The host of the Fish-In, gets to sign their name, where and date of the Regional Fish-In was held (on the back of the banner.

My thinking, it is not necessary to be Trout Streams, it could also be any freshwater or saltwater fishery.

Did I just get volunteered? If you guys are serious and would like to juggle the thought around I'd be more than willing to look into the idea. I've only been fly-fishing for 3 months, so you guys have more of an idea of where most of these places are than I do...One place I just thought of was the Conn. River and Lakes up in Pittsburg, NH. I know nothing in Maine...I'll be more than happy to do some leg-work, take some long drives and I'm sure many phone-calls provided I get some input from others...??? Any takers???

Jed, I saw your write-up from the Deerfield fish-in...did you organize that? I'm not volunteering you, but if you, or anybody for that matter, can give me some input on the workings of everything I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,

-Pemi

There is one held in the catskills New York.

wireguy

I'd be willing to toss the idea around with you Pemi-Man.
    Send me a PM.

Pemi-Man,

Just as a point of reference, something you and other New Englanders might consider, is that the Roscoe Fish-In is about 275 miles from your town. If you haven't yet, take a look at the write-ups and photos of the last couple of Fish-Ins at that location. There will be a Roscoe Fish-In, in 2007, although the specific dates have not been set.

Some approximate distances:

mid Vermont = 250
    Springfield, MA = 185
    Boston, MA = 265
    NYC = 110
    Harrisburg, PA = 185
    Philadelphia, PA = 205
    Rochester, NY = 225

Just something you and others may want to consider.

Allan

+ Reply to Thread