+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Albright Rods and Reels

Default Albright Rods and Reels

What are they like? I'm considering the GPX reel and the rods. I talked to them on the phone and they seem like a good company but there are no retailers here so I can't see one. Anyone have experinece with them?

al campbell reviewed them here a while back and was quite impressed with them.
    [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/alcampbell/ac121503.html:c47da]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/alcampbell/ac121503.html[/url:c47da]

mgj

[This message has been edited by mikeytwoshoes (edited 29 April 2005).]

Hey Benjo,
    Too bad you aren't near me! The Albright Airstream will be here next week. All the rods will be out for testing.

I fish the Albright EXS 3 piece *wt in the surf and it gets the job done. Really a handsome finish on it too. Jim Murphy runs a good company there. In fact-the just announced a new series of rods: The new Albright XX rods are specifically for throwing heavy tapors/Heads...

Check their site for a 0ne-day-old press release.
    Rich

JC....you are on top of it.....thats why FAOL pays you the big bucks.

Benjo, Jim Murphy had his Sausage cooking Airstream at our local flyshop today. I cast a number of rods, the EXS line of rods are nice looking and great casters, they are very strong, I cast a full line with a 905. They like a gentle casting stroke, just let the rod do the work and don't try to force it. I was very impressed with thier rods.

[This message has been edited by Ray (edited 30 April 2005).]
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

JC, Yes I also cast the new XX, the rod I tried was a 9' 10wt, what a terrific rod. It was one of the lightest 10 wt rods I've even held. The rod was so strong I layed out about 40' of line and in one pick-up with a haul I forward cast with no haul and cast the entire line easilly. I really like the rods alot, and thier prices are unbelievable too!
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

+ Reply to Thread