+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Loss

Default My Loss

It had to be done. Sasha was put to sleep earlier this morning.

Allan

Sorry for your loss Allen, I do know very much how you feel My heart goes out to you. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Dear Allan,

I'm sorry for your loss, but you must understand that you did the most humane and responsible thing that you could do.

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

Oh, Allan,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Allan,

So very sorry to hear of the loss of Sasha. I can fully understand the
    pain. Our terrior Bobo who has been a constant companion and source
    of joy for a decade is in failing health. Our sympathy for your loss.
    Warm regards, Jim

That's terrible Allan. My family and I will be thinking about you and your in the next few weeks.

With an ailing fifteen year-old dog of my own I could'nt stand to read or respond to your earlier post about Sasha. Carry the memory as I do of other dogs and will of Kauhlua. The pain you are feeling now is the price we pay for all that they give us over the span of their short lives.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Allan,

As you search your heart in the days to follow, you will know you made the right decision, no not an easy one for sure, but the right one. Sasha is no longer suffering and I know that's what you wanted to avoid.

There are so many great memories to reflect on, and years of companionship to cherish. Have you ever noticed that a dog is happiest right by your side? Even if their just sleeping next to you, their content as can be.

A dogs life is spent connected to ours, and I'm sure Sasha was happy to spend her's connected with you. You have been blessed by Sasha and she by you, intricately tangled for the happiness of both!

Whatever you do, spend a little time with Bear and Diesel, as they already know Sasha is missing and something is very different.

Helen and I will keep you and yours in our prayers, and though I already suspect you know it, you have many friends here to help lift you up and support you.

Terry
    "The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

That is sad Allan. Be strong. You have done the right thing. Very sorry for your loss.

Rich

Default So sorry!

I empathize with your pain. I had to put down my hunting companion of 15+ years a few years ago...one of the hardest things I've ever done...he went to sleep in my arms. I cried like a baby.

Just prior to his passing, he had a mild stroke. I knew he wouldn't be with us much longer so I cut some of his fur from him and tied a series of flies with the hair/fur I collected from him.

After we had to put him down, we had him cremated. His ashes are in a small, really nice wooden box with an engraved plaque, the picture you see above, and a shadow box with the flies I tied from his hair...kind of a memorial and tribute to him. It sits today on the mantle over my fireplace.

Think of the good times. Here is a story about my friend and companion I like to tell and I swear it is absolutely true:

Beoun was about 3 years old at the time I was going to school at LSU. We lived in an apartment and I fed him only good-quality dog food...kept him real "regular" which is important for a large dog living in the house.

I had to go out-of-town for the weekend and could not bring him so I boarded him at the local vet, not thinking about him being fed a different type of dog food.

I came back on Monday morning, picked him up at the vet (he was all excited and jumped in the back of my truck) and brought him home and went back to work. I came back about 4:30...walked in front of my apartment noticing that the front bay window was shattered. He could not get out because there were burglar bars in the window.

I went to the front door, opened it, and there sat Beoun...ears laid back with the MOST PITIFUL look you could ever see on his face.

He had to go to the bathroom SO BAD and didn't want to go in the house...he broke the front window...stuck his rear end up against the burglar bars...and POOPED OUT OF THE WINDOW!!

I patted him on the head and said "Good dog!!"

I surely do miss him but he had a wonderful life!

P.S., He saved many a duck for me including the one in the photo.

+ Reply to Thread