+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Loss

Default so sorry allan

Allan, I cant imagine...I have a little lassapoo myself and cant imagine what your goign through ,but I hope you feel better and understand that it was the right thing to do, and Im sure your dog is thankful.
    Ian

2. Default My Loss...

Allen... Your story really hits my heart and mirrors my experience in 2004 on the loss of my fishing buddy of 12 years, Jefe. I take great satisfaction in he had a great life and I was there to say "good by my old friend"...

I too was torn on getting a new buddy but one year later Miss Snicker Doodle Hopper came into my life and I knew it was right and worth the emotional cost. It was then I realized, I had not loss but gained a richer life...

I have Ben's ( my first fishing buddy, a golden retriver ) and Jefe's ashes and will have them beside me when it comes time to meet again...

This is an old one but worth a look again. I'm not sure the author.

God summoned a beast from the field, and He said,
    ?Behold man is created in My image. Therefore adore him. You shall protect him in the wilderness, shepherd his flocks, watch over his children, accompany him wherever he may go-even into civilization. You shall be his companion, his ally, and his slave.
    ?To do these things, I endow you with the instincts uncommon to other beasts: Faithfulness, Devotion, and Understanding, surpassing those of man himself. Lest it impair your courage, you shall never foresee your death. Lest it impair your loyalty, you shall be blind to the faults of man. Lest it impair your understanding, you are denied the power of words. Speak to your master only with your mind and through your honest eyes.
    ?Walk by his side; sleep in his doorway; ward off his enemies; carry his burden; share his affections; love and comfort him. And in return for this, man will fulfill your needs and wants-which shall be only food, shelter, and affection.
    ?So be silent and be a friend of man. Guide him through the perils along the way to this land I have promised him. This shall be your destiny and your immortality?
    The dog heard and was content.

Allan, just saw your post about Sasha. My deepest condolences for the loss of your friend .

Sorry to hear that Allan, you are in Didi's and my thoughts.

wireguy

Default Our sympathies

Allan,
    We are so sorry to hear about this. I know there's nothing we can say or do to make the pain go away. You can take a small amount of comfort in knowing you took very good care of Sasha for so many years, and you did the right thing at the end. You were brave enough to end the pain. The battle is won.

Diane and family

Hey there Allan,
    I was reluctant to post because my own pain still lingers. I too had to put my pet/pal/ to sleep. It was three months ago but I guess not enough water has yet flowed under that bridge .
    I know what you're going through. The pain won't go away soon and in fact shouldn't. It shows how much you loved your pal. But eventually it will lessen and be repalced by fond memories of the good times you were able to share over the years.
    My pet/pal was "merely" a cat, Harley and I must have really loved him............

Mark

+ Reply to Thread