+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ice out is here

Default Ice out is here

The ice is coming off the local lakes here in my area of Montana already.The son and I went fishing for the first time this year.I was to lazy to pull the pontoon out of storage so we just fished from shore.I didn't have any luck but he hooked up on one but lost it.We pulled the"toon"out after we got home and aired it up.We'll give it another try tomorrow if the weather holds.Hope he outfishes me again{yea right!}
    He has way to much fun rubbing it in.
    Anyhow next week maybe we'll try another nearby lake for pike.He's obsessed with trying to catch one.
    anyway just had to brag that I finally got the cabin fever to break.now back to tying that kid is going to run me out of flies if I don't get busy.

------------------
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Was out delivering newspapers Saturday, and as I was finishing the route, the new day was dawning. With the eastern sky showing the first golden hue of the coming sunrise, I heard a song bird, singing it "Morning Song"!

I cannot tell you, how sweet those notes were to my ears and heart, hearing a birds "Morning Song", after a long dark cold winter.

Yes Spring is slowly returning to the Frozen Tundra of Minnesota. 60 days until the start of Trout Season, another 30 days until the Lake Fishing Season opens.

Slowly the dayight hours will get longer, slowly the tempertures will begin to rise. There is hope, and there is the promise given, by the "Morning Song" of one little bird who believes!

~ Parnelli

"It must be true, a little bird told me!"

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 12 February 2005).]

Ice out in Feb.? this summer is going to be rough

Yep!it's going to be a long dry summer if we don't either get a couple of heavy snows before spring or a lot of spring rain our mountains are bare at least half way up.The Canadian Rockies,just to the north of me look to still be holding a good snow load though.My fruit trees already are starting to bud and ther are fresh starts coming up in our flower beds.I am starting to feel like we're living on the Idaho side of the Rockies.it's always amazed me when I go steelheading on the Clearwater that it's so warm while I've been freezing my tushy off a couple of hundred miles away.

------------------

hey Benjo when you make it back to Montana you oughta take a run up this way I'll show you a local lake with bows in it that will blow you away.the biggest I've got there we guessed around 8-9 lbs and I've seen bigger.
    It's a stocker lake that was rotenoned 4or 5 years ago because the perch were out of control then restocked with Rainbows and Cutthroats

------------------

Runoff seems like a good time to do that. Thanks for the offer. I want to fish Duck Lake at that time too.

hhhmmmmm.... STILL ice fishing here in new york. 8" of ice yesterday. jiggin' with nymphs...'gills and crappie!!!
    bill

When I got to the lake yesterday,a man from Missoula who had pulled in just ahead of me had ice rods sticking out of a bucket and an ice auger in the back of his truck and of course I had to be a smart aleck and give him a hard time about his choice of gear.Luckily he had a sense of humor about it.

------------------

+ Reply to Thread