First, a description of my tying... I tie jigs for smallmouth fishing using rabbit, bucktail and marabou on weightless to 1/4oz jigs having 1/0 to 3/0 hooks. I have no aspirations to tie anything smaller or more complicated. I currently tie using a Cabela's knockoff of the Regal vise with a clamp base. It is adequate for my tying and I like the solid grip it has on my jigs. My only disappointment with this vise is the size of it's head impedes material adding access to my jigs when they are rotated upside down.

I have followed threads from this board for better than a year and have read the suggested reviews and would now like to know from those using both vises... what are the differences between the HMH Standard and HMH Spartan vises. The only difference I was able to get from the company receptionist was the Spartan had a slightly shorter head. Would both of these vises have adequate holding power for my use? As I would like to be able to tie in more than one location, is the 4 1/2 lb base heavy enough for a small-handed but heavy-handed, clumsy tier such as myself?
I am looking for reasons that would justify the price difference for my tying. Thank you all.