Paf':

You'll like your Dietrich rod more every time you fish it. I've got a couple of Wyatt's rods, and am more than pleased with them. Wyatt a great guy, too, which adds to the pleasure of using the rods.

My experience with the Sylk has been mixed. A couple got sticky, fast. But, if you clean them, they work fine. They do stay limp (as advertised) in cold weather, which is an important factor to me.

Have just started using an Airflo Ridge line. Like it so far. Lichen green color is inoffensive and it casts quite well. Will be interested to see how it works when cold. Suggest you get the DT "presentation" version.

Loads of good reels out there at reasonable prices, and some good suggestions have been made. If you'd like something REALLY traditional for your bamboo rod, I've got a couple old British reels for sale, one 2 3/4" ($75) and one 3" ($60). Both usable as RHW or LHW. I fish the YB a lot, so it'd be no problem to meet you there and show them to you. If any interest, just e-mail me at driver69911@yahoo.com.

I also have some other reels (not for sale) that I use on my bamboo rods.
Would be glad to show these to you, to give you an idea of what's out there, how they look on bamboo, and how they balance on your rod.

Good luck.

BobS