there I was in a pothole trout lake chasin browns. Working a bit of a bay (well, not a bay really, just a good depression in the shoreline). Coming up on sundown, the perch moved in and latched into my rust-brown WW, with red tag on its butt. Bing, bing, bing, bing, bing ............ perch, perch, perch ........ WHOA ! fins on surface ......... I'm not sure if I peep myself, but the browns were wurface swimming, coralling the perch into the bay'ish area to feast. Kinda caught off guard, as one swam between me and shore (I was out about 25-30 ft). Oh yeah, so I cast out to the one out there - not too shabby ... it took it - full zing and screaming reel - gonzo. Well, I knew it liked it, but it was gone. About 5 minutes later, they were back, but farther out a bit. I whipped up a cast, and on that 'just one more false cast' I do the step into it URGGGHHHHHUGGGHHHH !!!!!!!! tagged me a nice pint sized willow ............ and went home.

Have done relatively the same thing, no trees though - and on that cast that counts (the one you shoot line on to the huge fish) your shooting line abruptly stops ............................................. 'cuz it caught under your toe

I fret the day I have a birdsnest from stripper guide to reel, fly out in the water a ways, and a monster takes the fly and burgers off .........