+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sunglasses for the little ones

Default Sunglasses for the little ones

How in the world do you keep sunglasses on your kids and grandkids while out on a family fishing outing?

I have 2 granddaughters that are just like their dad was at their ages (2 1/2 and 1 1/2)---Mach 2 with their hair on fire..........any ideas?
    "You must not be too greedy in catching your said game (fish), as in taking too much at one time...That could easily be the occasion of destroying your own sport and other men's also." Juliana Berners (1450)

Duct tape. If that doesn't do the job you did not use enough.
    jed

Our daughter and Son in law let our grand daughter (not quite 2) pick out her own sun glasses. She does not want to go any where with out them

staples
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Staples and duct tape ... come on guys, get serious! Everyone sensible uses velcro - a strip on the temples of the glasses and then put the other part of the velcro on the sides of their little heads using super glue (you may have to shave a bit of hair off for proper adhesion). This way the glasses can be taken on and off when necessary. Those "permanent" installation method aren't as convenient.

Grandmas know ... it's thumbtacks that work best!
    Let them pick out their own glasses, then use the glasses keepers, for sports, to hold them in place. Works best if everyone has the keepers (great for the waters). And don't forget the hats!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

There are a couple of brands of sunglasses out that have a neoprene band and velcro instead of normal ear pieces. I think the ones we have are called Wee Shades. I found some on Amazon.com called Baby Banz and Kids Banz. I can honestly say that they won't fall off. Keeping them on is a completely different story.

Yep the ones with the straps are the best. Otherwise, a helmet with dark visor!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Blog Entries

Now a days all the kids have pierced ears that you can secure a chain to. A chain on each ear does the trick.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gee Whiz...cut a large watemellon in half, core it out, make slits for the eys, top the little one with the green helmet....hey you get to eat the core.

+ Reply to Thread