+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W. W. Griggs

Default W. W. Griggs

Does anyone here have any comments about the W.W.Griggs flyrods? I'm interested in the 9' 4 piece, 6 weight. I have their 6'3weight, and I think it's a dandy little stick. For $29 it can hardly be beat.

------------------
    A free gift waits for those who ask.
    -----------------
    Lotech Joe

I 'wiggled' a Griggs 6 wt at Sportsmans Warehouse a few days ago, my first opportunity as I haven't seen any before.
    I thought it may be a tad heavier than the 'upscale' rods, but it seems like quite a fast rod. At the price you mentioned, it would be a bargin.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Hey Joe,

I havn't seen the Griggs rods. I just
    did a search and came up with a few mentions
    but no source. Do they have a web page or
    do you know of one that carries them? Might
    be time to get my Godson a 3 wt.*G* Warm
    regards, Jim

I'd say Go For It! I have the 6' 3 wt too and I love it. For the price, not sure you'll get a better flyrod.

------------------
    Elliott W.

I tie flies to give the fish something to laugh about.
    Elliott

I tie flies so the fish have something to laugh about!

Jim,
    I too have looked for a website to no avail. I found my 6' 3 weight at Sportsman's Warehouse in Spokane. It was only $29 but I think the 9' 6 weight goes for around $79. Sorry I can't be of more help.

------------------
    A free gift waits for those who ask.
    -----------------
    Lotech Joe

[This message has been edited by LotechJoe (edited 28 April 2005).]

LTJ

I have also cast their rod at the local Sportsman's Warehouse and thought it was decent rod. It's been a while and I can't remember if I cast a 9'6 wt 4 pc or 8 1/2' 5wt 4 pc. I have also looked at their website, but for the life of me can't find it. However, I do know that they advertise in Fly Fishing and Tying Journal and it is in their. I'm not at home so I don't have the mag in front of me.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

7. Default

While I was in college, I found the WW Grigg website and thought I would try one of their rods. I placed my order with the online retailer they were using at the time, but never recieved my rod. My credit card was never charged, but I did order the rod and had all the confirmation info to prove it.
    As far as the rods go, the Wal-Mart here in Fairbanks, AK sells them and they feel nice. I'd say go for it.

What about the pflueger rods at Hook & Hackle?

Anyone have experience?
    [url=http://www.hookhack.com/flyrods.html#purist:8f2dc]http://www.hookhack.com/flyrods.html#purist[/url:8f2dc]

$29?? where?? on their website the 9' 4 piece 6wt is $173.80!
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

I owned one, I think the price you are talking about is clerance price. marked down, they look very well made, I liked it for the price, just too stiff for me, I like too feel a rod, other than that great deal!!!

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread