Hi, Just got back from the Severn Lodge and a week of fishing. The species were Muskie, northern pike, largemouoth bass and panfish.

First of all, not all of the fishing was fly fishing for the group (3 families) though I did a considerable amount. As we were in the dog days of summer, I did not fare well with the fly tackle. Live bait is the trick during this period.

My 11-year old out fished me, catching several bass in the 3-5 lb range and a whopper at 6lbs. She used her spin tackle and worms to catch her fish. She now wishes to be referred to as the "bass master"

The kids caught many panfish, sunfish, rock bass, small perch ect. The action was fast and furious!

I did hook a large muskie while trolling deep on a large muskie lure. I got him to near the surface and got a good glimpse of him. I've caught a few muskie in my day and can say that he was over 45". I'm sure he wasn't 50" though. I would like to have that one back, for sure.

The bass and pike just wouldn't take any fly presentations though. I got many follows but could not hook one. I had a large pike change his mind at the last minute and during dusk as the bass and pike came in, I could not buy a strike. I did better on large spinners and went to my baitcasters in order to catch fish.

The accomidations are top notch and it was great to go to an all-inclusive with 5-star dining, daily kids programs (all day, every day), to include, tubing, water skiing arts and crafts, great swim dock, nice beach and a different form of entertainment every night. I have already booked for next year and can't wait to return.

Here's the link. The place is worth every penny.

http://severnlodge.on.ca/