As I sit here, Al is making plans to visit his family for a week or two. I sent him a note thanking him, as I have in the past, for all of his help and support over the years. Al encouraged me to write about and photograph flies and tying. He was never overbearing with his advise and was always patient with me as I struggled with the craft. I owe Al a great deal and have told him so on several occasions both during his last days and before.

I wrote that some time ago but Al has been called home now. His pain & suffering a thing of the past.

The good part of Al's illness and passing is that we got a chance to tell him what we don't when friends and relatives pass suddenly, thanks. I made it a priority to call Al a few times to just talk and mention for the umpteenth time how much I appreciated his comments and help. I could have told him a dozen more times and it still wouldn't have been enough.
I will miss Al's wit and uncommon ability to show me new things and teach me needed skills. Most of us will never know the ways we've influenced others and few will do so for so many as Al Campbell has. Maybe we need to just tell friends and relatives thanks a little more. Just a thought.

One last time Al, Thanks & Happy Trails!

Your friend Ronn