+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travesty on Taneycomo

Default Travesty on Taneycomo

Normally I would have asked JC and Ladyfisher permission to post a link to another site, but because of the urgency of this topic, and the fact they are away I am doing this and soliciting your help. The Missouri Department of Conservation may renew a gravel dredging permit on this Jewel of the Ozarks. Its believed that this mining will adversly effect the Trout food source (scuds, sowbugs and midges) in the waterway. The complete story is here at Phil Lilleys Ozark Angler Forum a regional fishing board

http://ozarkanglers.com/forums/index.ph ... =2906&st=0

Thanks for your time and consideration...Dano

Friend - I would first suggest copy your post, deleting it on Fly Anglers On Line board and then starting it again by pasting it on the Sound OFf board. I know what you are up against. Here in SE Michigan there are Gravel Pits at every turn of a road. They halted the Ross Island gravel dredging in the Willimatte River in Oregon because of enviremental reasons. Hope you can find a loop hole for yours. It all starts at the grass roots, work with your local district State Represenative. They are always looking for good publicity, maybe they can help and make a difference, good luck, Jonezee

Well, if you want to get 'technical', it belongs on the 'Conservation Board'. Shame on you
    By the way, how many people actually read that board?

Allan

Put it anywhere it gets traffic. I read/post on both boards. Maybe someone should call PETA, I mean who better to stand up for the poor scuds and sow bugs that will be displaced by all this evironmental ruin?

There is a loop hole, it is called "Environmental Impact Statement" that is required of any fishing water. Contact your State Department of Natural Resources, and also the Federal Department of Interior.

+ Reply to Thread