Quote Originally Posted by Jonezee
MAXQ - Just curious, do they still ahve jet planes flying out of Flint? Did you have to walk up a rolling ladder on the tarmack to board the plane? Was it a direct flight back to Florida? Again, just wondering.
Jonezee,

Yes, we've flown directly into Flint from Orlando, Florida several times now. A small airport, at least compared to Orlando , I think about 8 gates. My wife doesn't like to do connecting flights anymore.....too many layovers over the years, so a direct flight works out great for us! You've got to search sometimes for a particular airline though, we flew direct with Northwest at Spring Break this year but this August, they had no direct flights, so we went with AirTran. They actually worked out great. I believe AirTran is going to expand their direct flights to Flint from a few different cities soon. Also, I think on some of the smaller, connecting flights, you still walk up a rolling ladder but on the bigger jets...Boeing 717,737, etc.....they have the usual ramps that connect with the building.

Regards,
Doug