Hi everyone!! This is my first time dabbling in warm water fish. I am usually after trout on the other board!! But, I recently went fishing for catfish using something other than a flyrod and a buddy of mine caught one on a lure. I thought if they would take a lure, they might take a fly and whatta fight that would be!! So I decided to do some research and I guess they do take flies to my family's surprise.

BTW...I am fishing with my brother and he is seriously angry being outfished by a girl and his sister no less!!

That being said, I need lots of help. I have never fished for anything but trout. I am fishing the Yellowstone, Big Horn and Musselshell rivers in Montana. The catfish I have been catching are between 8-10 lbs although someone did pull out a 15lb one the other day. What would be the optimal setup with regards to rod wt, leader wt and type, tippet. Now, restrict that to 7 wt rod...am I going in underpowered? I already have plenty info on flies. Sorry if I am sounding ignorant on this subject, but I am and Thank you guys and gals for any and all information!!