I went flyfishing on our local river last weekend with my regular fishing buddy - A burley ex navy munitions chief, a rough and tumble sort of guy. We had been having pretty good luck iin an area where some faster shallw water was running into a slow pool about 4 feet deep. It was a beautiful day and the river was busyier than usual. Lots of canoers and several other fishers up and down the river. I little after noon we decided to move upstream to a large deep pool about a quarter mile away. We use kayaks to get from spot to spot and then usually wade fish. The pool we were headed for however had steep drop offs from the sides and was best fished directly from the kayaks. Once we got there I found a back eddy whre my kayak would remain stable without much paddling and began to fish. My buddy stationed himself pretty much in the middle of the pool (about 20 yards from either bank). He had made a couple of casts when I heard him yell holy s@#t! and somthing about a monster bee. He started flailing his arms about and before you could say "what the" sploosh he was in the water - hanging onto the gunnals of his kayak waders filling with ice cold water. He swam his boat to shore while I retrieved his rod the tip of which was sticking about 3 inches out of the water. All of this happened with several other fishermen looking on. My buddy was horrified that others had seen him fall off hid kayak due to a bee. Since no real harm was done the rest of us had a good laugh at his expense