Welcome back Fly Goddess. You were sorely missed. Your words are intelligent, knowledgeable and valuable and I read every post you ever make. You are a cherished member here. Pls don't dissapear again.

I think I read once where you were considering a Porta-Bote. I was also. I have seen one launched and used but not fished out of. The couple just toured the lake. Came back and put it away in their motor home.

There was one for sale in my small town for $850 for a ten footer. I was too busy with affairs to call. Been making a lot of trips to Phoenix.

Now I have met a man who will sell me his 12' with oars and the wheels for 4-500. Seems almost too good a deal to pass up. Even if just for a back up boat. I cannot afford a $2500 boat set up anyway, so this might be ok for me.

But a friend in Tucson who is very knowledgeable said all of his friends that have one state that they do not like to fish out of them. Not sure why. He also said they are not as stable as claimed. And....that when you add swivel seats they become quite tipsy.

The guy who would sell me his said he put a swivel seat on and it cracked the plastic seat so he had to take it off. I would think it could at least be a decent CHEAP boat for maybe one guy to go to the lakes with.

Have you checked them out yet?

Gem