March 23rd, 1998
HOW TO CAST
1. String-up fly rod, pull out about 25 feet of line.
2. Extend left arm in front, face high.
3. Bend left hand at wrist, palm facing you; keep it there.
4. Swing fly rod and line behind you.
5. Swing fly rod to front sharply striking palm of extended left
6. Notice, as rod stops at hand, the line shoots forward; Duh!
7. Repeat step #5 two more times.
8. Notice,that the harder rod hits hand, better fly line goes; Duh!
9. Notice left hand now hurts. (If not, repeat #5; this time,
10. Repeat step #5 WITHOUT HITTING HAND. (Just STOP rod in
11. Repeat step #10 two more times.
12. Swing fly rod to rear stopping in same way as #10.
13. Repeat step #12 two more times.
14. Combine steps #10 and #12.
15. Repeat step #14 two more times.
16. Call buddy; have him come over and teach him how to cast. ~ JC
Feel free to post your views on the FAOL Bulletin Board!